Azure-learning approach to Google Cloud Platform.
Developer Voices Project on Cloud Native.
case study on Google Infrastructure Service.
Welcome to Google Cloud Platform. As a person who is familiar with Azure 900 Fundaments you will easily follow on this feature of the Data Associate Track offered by Google.
Introduction to the Google Cloud Platform Aesthetic
The Cloud Platform documentation here.
Simply put GCP has two interfaces: Google Console and Google Cloud Shell. In the cloud shell you as the user of the cloud platform can execute commands to better personilize your serivces.
Google Cloud Platform Solution Offering
The GCP Solution Platform Core Features:Infrastructure, Platform, and Software.
60 zones, 130 points of presence.
google relies on a distributed computing system to provide users with the infrastructure they need to access, create and alter data.
GOOGLE CLOUD CONCEPTS & SERVICE MODELS:
GOOGLE CLOUD CONCEPTS & SERVICE MODELS:
CLOUD SERVICE MODELS
pricing service level agreements and lifecycles.
Google’s Pricing models:
- On Demand Pricing: compute capacity by the hour, is measured through utility consumption, subscription based where you pay for what you use.
- Spot-instances: bid on spare computing capacity for up to 90% off the on-demand price. If there is extra capacity not being used. One should not run critical application there.
- Reserved Instance: 1–3 year time period. Cost Less for production applications.
- Dedicated Host: For critical applications.
similar to Amazon EC2 Cloud Pricing Model.
Platform as a service:
- Platform as a service: is made specially for developers.
- Iaas vs Platform as a service:
Software as a service:
- Saas is the easiest way to consume products from the cloud some benefits below:
Infrastructure as a service cloud: Infrastructure is a broad topic lets start at Networking.
- Iaas Networking: connecting to the infrastructure as a service cloud via a network.
- Public Networking: have public IP Addresses, These are Virtual Machines on the internet and you connect to them from a web-browser by SSH
- Private Networking: You use Virtual Private Networks which are Software based virtual tunnels through the internet to connect to these virtual machines running in the public cloud. With some cases enteprises will have Dedicated connections meaning purchased through a telecom carrier that are private allow them to connect directly to their virtual machines running in the infrastructure as a service public cloud. Either way,Traffic is either encrypted or secured going across the public.
Virtual Private Cloud
How does Iaas Security work :
- through Cloud Security.
- through an Encryption process: of converting info or data into cypher-text which cannot easily be understood by anyone but by those who have a key.
- through Compliance laws, governance or regulatory bodies which aim to protect or treat data in a different.
- by spotting Vulnerabilities and Mitigation of them.
Virtualization refers to the creation of a virtual resource such as a server, desktop, operating system, file, storage or network. Virtualization is a requirement for Cloud Computing. The main goal of virtualization is to manage workloads by radically transforming traditional computing to make it more scalable. Virtualization is also the foundation of Infrastructure as a service.
Cloud Based vs Cloud Native what is the difference?
Cloud native computing is an approach in software development that utilizes cloud computing to “build and run scalable applications in modern, dynamic environments such as public, private, and hybrid clouds” wikipedia
Containers use a form of operating system (OS) virtualization. Put simply, they leverage features of the host operating system to isolate processes and control the processes’ access to CPUs, memory and desk space
THANK YOU FOR TUNING IN TO CLOUD CONCEPTS AND CLOUD SERVICE MODELS. STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT ARTICLE ON GOOGLE CORE SERVICES!
for cited refrences please visit:
Azure approach to Google Cloud Platform Developer voices on Cloud Native.
case study on Google Compute Engine Introduction: what is google cloud features? Google Interior IN VIDEO Google Cloud…
sign up for more 💜